About This Document
Please read this “User’s Manual”, and “PRECAUTIONS” (separate volume) carefully to familiarize yourself with safe and effective usage.
|This product has been adjusted specifically for use in the region to which it was originally shipped. If operated outside this region, the product may not perform as stated in the specifications.|
No part of this manual may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of EIZO Corporation.
EIZO Corporation is under no obligation to hold any submitted material or information confidential unless prior arrangements are made pursuant to EIZO Corporation’s receipt of said information.
Although every effort has been made to ensure that this manual provides up-to-date information, please note that EIZO monitor specifications are subject to change without notice.
Copyright (C) 2019 EIZO Corporation. All rights reserved.
Location of Caution Statement
The warnings for this product are indicated on the inside face of the stand.
This product is suited for viewing multimedia contents and displaying video games (Assuming usage of approximately 6 hours per day).
- This product may not be covered by warranty for uses other than those described in this manual.
- The specifications noted in this manual are only applicable when the following are used:
- Power cords provided with the product
- Signal cables specified by us
- Only use optional products manufactured or specified by us with this product.
Precautions for Use
- This product has been adjusted specifically for use in the region to which it was originally shipped. If the product is used outside the region, it may not operate as specified in the specifications.
- If you place this product on a lacquer-coated desk, the color may adhere to the bottom of the stand due to the composition of the rubber. Check the desk surface before use.
- It takes about 30 minutes (under our measurement conditions) for the monitor display to stabilize. Please wait 30 minutes or more after the monitor power has been turned on, and then adjust the monitor.
- Monitors should be set to a lower brightness to prevent a loss in the screen quality caused by long-term use and to maintain stable use.
- As a characteristic of OLED, display quality will proceed to partially deteriorate if the same image is displayed for a long time. Please use the screen saver or the power save function of the video playback device in order to extend the usage life of the monitor. We also recommend turning the power supply OFF when the monitor is not in use.
- The OLED panel is manufactured using high-precision technology. Although missing pixels or lit pixels may appear on the LCD panel, this is not a malfunction. Percentage of effective dots: 99.9994 % or higher.
- The OLED panel has a fixed lifespan. Depending on the usage pattern, such as usage for long continuous periods, the lifespan of the OLED panel may run out sooner, requiring replacement. When the screen becomes dark or begins to flicker, please contact your local EIZO representative.
- Do not press on the screen or the edge of the frame strongly, as this may result in display malfunctions. If pressure is continuously applied to the screen, the screen may deteriorate or be damaged.
- Do not scratch or press on the screen with any sharp objects, as this may result in damage to the screen. Do not attempt to brush with tissues as this may scratch the panel.
- When the monitor is cold and brought into a room or the room temperature goes up quickly, dew condensation may occur on the interior and exterior surfaces of the monitor. In that case, do not turn the monitor on. Instead wait until the dew condensation disappears, otherwise it may cause some damage to the monitor.
Periodic cleaning is recommended to keep the monitor looking new and to prolong its operation lifetime.
The stains on the cabinet and screen can be removed by moistening part of a soft cloth with water.
- Chemicals such as alcohol and antiseptic solution may cause gloss variation, tarnishing, and fading of the cabinet or screen, and also quality deterioration of the image.
- Never use thinner, benzine, wax, or abrasive cleaner as they may damage the cabinet or screen.
- It is recommended that ScreenCleaner (available as an option) be used to clean the cabinet and screen.
To Use the Monitor Comfortably
- An excessively dark or bright screen may affect your eyes. Adjust the brightness of the monitor according to the environmental conditions.
- Staring at the monitor for a long time tires your eyes. Take a 10-minute rest every hour.
1. About OLED
1-1. Characteristics of OLED
With LCD panel monitors, backlights were used even when expressing black. With OLED panels, each pixel will emit natural light on its own, making it possible to express pure black by stopping its emission. This makes it possible to display ultra-high contrast such as 1 million to 1.
Response speed of 0.1 ms or less (standard value is 0.04 ms) is attained.
Wide viewing angle
Display offers a viewing angle essentially close to 180 degrees.
OLED monitors have no back light installed offering a slimmer design.
1-2. For Longer Use
As a characteristics of OLED, partial deterioration of display quality will advance in case the same image is displayed over a long period. Please use the screen saver or the power save function of the video reproduction device in order to use the monitor for a long period. We also recommend to turn the power supply OFF, when the monitor is not in use.
The monitor will transition to power save mode when a certain period of time have elapsed without signal input. (Power indicator will be lit orange). This function cannot be turned off.
2. Set Up
2-1. Confirm Contents of Package
Please check that all the following items are included in the package. In the unlikely event that something is missing, please contact the store of purchase or the Customer Consultation Window indicated separately.
Power supply cable
HDMI cable (HDMI - HDMI)
Coin-type lithium battery (CR2032, for activation check use)
- Please remove the battery in case the remote controller is not to be used for a long period. There is possibility of malfunction from leakage of battery fluid.
2-2. Names and Functions of Each Part
The locations of connectors and switches of this product are as follows:
2. Remote control optical receiver
|Receives signals from the remote controller.|
3. Power indicator
|Shows the monitor operating status.|
White: Normal operating mode
Orange: Power saving mode
Red: Power off
Unlit: No power supplied to the monitor.
Disconnecting the power supply plug when monitor is not in use will eliminate electrical power consumption.