EIZO Releases Ultra-Slim, Fully Flat Monitors for Business Environments
Hakusan, Japan, October 20, 2016 – EIZO Corporation (TSE: 6737) announced the release of The 24.1-inch FlexScan EV2456 and 23.8-inch FlexScan EV2451 monitors for business environments such as trading rooms, back offices and control rooms.
These monitors feature a frameless design around all four sides. In addition, they come with EIZO’s newest and most advanced ergonomic stand to maximize viewing comfort.
The native resolution is 1920 x 1200 for the FlexScan EV2456 and 1920 x 1080 for the FlexScan EV2451. Both monitors use an LED-backlit IPS (in-plane switching) LCD panel with 178° viewing angles and 1000:1 contrast ratio. The typical brightness is 350 cd/m2 for the FlexScan EV2456 and 250 cd/m2 for the EV2451.
The bezel sizes are 1 mm on the sides and top and 4.6 mm on the bottom for both models. The surface is flat from edge to edge for virtually borderless viewing in dual or multi-screen environments. Even with this slim bottom bezel the monitors include electrostatic switches on the front of the screen for navigating the on-screen display menu.
The newly-designed stand includes the following.
• Height-adjustment range of 158.6 mm (EV2456) and 172.7 mm (EV2451) – an increase of more than 20% over the previous models
• 40° (5° down, 35° up) tilt, 344° swivel, and 90° pivot for viewing in portrait mode
• A quick-release button for detaching the monitor and installing on a VESA-compatible mounting device
• Basic cable holder and cable cover for cable management
The brightness dimming methods of conventional LED-backlit monitors cause many people to see flicker which results in eye fatigue. EIZO uses its own hybrid technology that makes flicker unperceivable even at low brightness levels. Furthermore, in dimly-lit work environments, brightness is adjustable to 1 cd/m2 which is less than 1% of the maximum.
EIZO incorporates its own EcoView technologies to cut down on power consumption. EcoView Optimizer 2 saves power by reducing the backlight brightness and increasing the gain on screens consisting mostly of dark content. Auto EcoView automatically adjusts the screen’s brightness in accordance with changes in the ambient brightness to trim power usage while reducing eye fatigue.
With these technologies, typical power consumption is just 11 watts for the EV2456 and 13 watts for the EV2451. These figures have earned both monitors the EU Energy Label’s highest rating of A++ for energy efficiency.
Newly-developed EIZO proprietary software called Screen InStyle lets users adjust the color, circadian dimming, and power settings of the FlexScan EV2456 and EV2451. The settings can be applied to all monitors in a multi-monitor setup eliminating the need to adjust each monitor manually. A server application for Screen InStyle allows an administrator to control the settings of compatible monitors in an installation from a central location. This is especially helpful for enterprises that want to ensure all units are adjusted properly and the power-save settings are activated.
• One DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-D, and D-Sub input terminal each
• USB 3.0 hub with one upstream and two downstream ports
• Dual 1-watt internal speaker and a headphone jack
• sRGB, Movie, Paper, DICOM, and two user-adjustable preset modes.
• Zero watts of power consumed when the main power switch is off
• Overdrive circuit with 5 ms gray-to-gray response time for smooth display of moving images.
• Energy Star 6 and TCO Certified Displays 7 compliance
• Compatible with EIZO Monitor Configurator software which lets system administrators apply the settings of one monitor to other client monitors via USB or the office network
• Available in a choice of black or white cabinets with cable colors to match
Date of availability varies by country so contact the EIZO subsidiary or distributor in your country for details.
EIZO (TSE: 6737), which means image in Japanese, is a visual technology company that develops and manufactures high-end display solutions. EIZO integrates hardware and software technologies with consulting, web hosting, and other services to help customers in business, graphics, gaming, medicine, maritime, air traffic control, and other fields work more comfortably, efficiently, and creatively. Headquartered in Hakusan, Japan, EIZO has R&D and manufacturing facilities in Japan, China, Germany, and the US, and representation in more than 80 countries.
For more information, please contact:
Hakusan, Ishikawa 924-8566
Phone: +81 76 277-6792
EIZO and FlexScan are registered trademarks of EIZO Corporation.
# # #